The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click the links we may receive a commission.
Over the years I have tried everything to beat back my breakouts. Here are my top tips for beating acne.
1. Ice. Ice helps inflammation from getting worse. Pre-freeze some little dixie cups with ice. Completely cleanse your skin first, then ice your zits for a minute or two. Working in circular motions and never staying in one spot too long. I like these face rollers to help.
2. Get unionized salt. Iodides are the culprit in the foods that you eat – it irritates the follicle walls and breaks you out.
3. Cut out/back dairy, legumes, and wheat! Stop eating peanut butter, peanuts, and/or peanut oil. Try organic, unsalted Almond butter. Legumes like soy are a major irritant to hormones and acne.
4. Use fragrance-free laundry soap, and toss out the fabric softener and the softener sheets. Fabric softener is basically wax residue – that’s the softness that you feel. The wax rubs off on your skin clogging your pores and irritating the skin! Try this
scented vinegar instead.
5. Start taking zinc supplements. I prefer zinc monomethine. Eat first before taking or you could feel a little-upset stomach.
Thanks for the pic… BEAUTIFUL BUSINESSWOMAN IN BOXING GLOVES
© Ken Hurst | Dreamstime.com
And if you are enjoying this post the best thing you can do to support me is by sharing this edition with a friend who might enjoy it too. Or sign up for our newsletter for a weekly update + exclusive features. Looking for more shop/Monterey news I have a separate newsletter for that. Sign up here.